In order for your product to qualify for the ENERGY STAR designation, it must meet eligibility requirements and partner obligations.
Obtaining the ENERGY STAR
Apply for an ENERGY STAR designation if your product satisfies our requirements.
To get the performance of a new product validated by an EPA-recognized Certification Body (CB), contact an EPA-recognized Certification Body (CB). At www.energystar.gov/3rdpartycert, you may find a list of EPA-recognized CBs as well as a description of the EPA's third-party certification methods.
Resources Resources for Partners
Fact sheets, store training materials, and other resources to assist convey the advantages of buying ENERGY STAR-certified items.
Heating and Cooling Materials, Tools, and Resources with the ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR-certified heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) devices fulfill the government's high energy efficiency requirements and save energy without sacrificing product quality or performance. They require less energy, resulting in decreased power costs and less greenhouse gas emissions.
You can download and utilize the training materials and other resources listed below as-is or incorporate them into your own training materials. This is an additional resource that EPA makes available to its heating and cooling partners. Each training module will offer you with up-to-date savings figures and critical messaging to enable you, your team, and your vendors successfully communicate with consumers about the benefits of buying ENERGY STAR-qualified items.
Ceiling fans with lights that are qualified are roughly 50% more energy efficient than standard fan/light sets, saving you more than $15 per year in energy expenditures.
- At A Glance: Ceiling Fans (PDF, 75 KB) - An on-the-floor sales tool for self-employed salespeople.
- Presentation on Ceiling Fan Sales Training (PPT, 754 KB) - Basic product information for a vendor salesperson, a retail shopper, or a sales representative.
- Sell Sheet for Ceiling Fans (PDF, 67 KB) - Product information that vendor sales representatives can use to persuade retail purchasers to (a) add to their existing inventory of ENERGY STAR certified items or (b) source a new ENERGY STAR approved product type.
Consumers may save $28 per year by using an ENERGY STAR rated dehumidifier with a 40-pint capacity. That's more than $300 in savings during the unit's lifetime.
- Most Efficient Sales Training ENERGY STAR (PDF, 9.0 MB)
Air Conditioners for Rooms
Air conditioners that qualify must be at least 10% more energy efficient than the government requirement.
- Sales Associate Training for Room Air Conditioners (PDF, 1.0 MB)
ENERGY STAR rated ventilating fans use up to 70% less energy than conventional versions.
- A Quick Overview of Ventilation Fans (PDF, 69 KB) - An on-the-floor sales tool for self-employed salespeople.
- Presentation on Ventilation Fan Sales Training (PPT, 1.8 MB) - Basic product information for a vendor salesperson, a retail shopper, or a sales representative.
- Sell Sheet for Ventilation Fans (PDF, 57 KB) - Product information that vendor sales representatives can use to persuade retail purchasers to (a) add to their existing inventory of ENERGY STAR certified items or (b) source a new ENERGY STAR approved product type.